Are you a true consumerist with experience in Merchandising and/or Woman’s Apparel, understanding of the Holistic Fitness Consumer + Marketplace? In Combination with proven business ownership, influencing skills and are you a team player?
We are looking for you! For the iconic brand Nike we are looking for a Consumer Merchant. It is a temporary role, for six months due to maternity leave. The role is for 40 hours per week. The European Headquarters of Nike is located in Hilversum.
what we offer
- Salary based on experience
- Temporary contract due to maternity leave
- 40 hours per week
- In Hilversum
- Working for one of the world’s most iconic brands
who are you
We are looking for a strong and experienced Consumer Merchant. For this role it is important that you are fluent in English.
What you bring:
- You have a problem-solving and self-starter attitude;
- Effectively communicate and influence others;
- Strong business orientation and analytical mindset;
- Ability to deliver results against tight and complex timelines with competing priorities;
- A clear understanding of the EMEA consumer and EMEA marketplace;
- Product acumen; experience translating observations of trends, color and materials into compelling product and assortment recommendations;
- Strong team player and ability to work with peers, cross-functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business within a complex matrix organizational set-up;
- At least five years of experience in Merchandising and or Women’s Apparel experience.
what will you do
For this role we are looking for a strong and experienced Consumer Merchant. You will be taking on the responsibility for driving the CODE process from seasonal line planning, assortment creation, pricing, flow and segmentation leading with Nike Direct, to the seasonal hand-over to the EMEA Integrated Marketplace teams ahead of order entry.
Your key counterparts are the Lifestyle Apparal and Sport FTW Consumer Merchants, Global Consumer Merchants, NDDC&MPU Merchants, Consumer Planning, Brand and Operations. In total you will work within a team of 5 people.
Below you will find some of your tasks:
- Combining qualitative consumer insights with quantitative data you will be defining the (future) seasonal product merchandising strategy;
- You do this while hitting Nike’s key KPI’s in terms of driving a solid business built on long term strategies, profitability, productivity and a healthy EMEA Marketplace;
- Within the product portfolio, you will be the lead of one of the most strategic classifications within women’s apparel overall, leggings;
- You need to understand the CODE process and be an expert in managing a wide and diverse portfolio of stakeholders at the same time with effective influencing as well as strong communication skills;
- Teamwork is essential based on the complex nature of the business, whereas you will also have the responsibility of coaching an Associate within the Holistic Fitness scope;
- A Consumer Merchant at Nike requires a curious mindset, a thorough understanding of the consumer and marketplace dynamics and a natural drive towards data driven decision-making at every step of the process;
- You are a strong and inspirational merchant with a clear strategic vision of the future that is capable to drive a diverse, demanding and complex business.
where will you work
You will work at the Nike European Headquarters in Hilversum. It is a dynamic, energizing place to work that reflects the values and spirit of the brand. Your colleagues come from all over the world, the team is diverse.
Nike maintains a hybrid working model, 3 days in the office, 2 days from home.
- Access to the gym facilities on campus
- Commuting allowance of€ 0,21 per km
- 25 vacation days if you work 40 hours per week a full year
- Diverse team
Are you interested in this challenging job? Then respond via the button and add a recent CV and short motivation to your application.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.