We are looking for an international commissioning engineer for our rapidly growing centre of competence for data centres. You will join the small commissioning team that is part of the“Data Center Distribution Systems” department, which is responsible for the realization of multidisciplinary hyper scale data centre projects throughout Europe. The department consists out of 160 colleagues.
The project scope includes engineering, manufacturing, installation, testing and commissioning of energy distribution systems like medium and low voltage switchgear, transformers, busway systems, protection relays, automation, and monitoring systems and modular structures like E-Houses and Skids.
The commissioning engineer is the on-site technical Siemens representative and is responsible for the full testing and commissioning process of our deliverables. The goal during this phase is to deliver the project within the agreed timeline according to our high quality standards. Of course, the work needs to be performed safely, and the commissioning engineer will actively contribute to this. Furthermore, there is involvement in the installation phase of the project, e.g. supervising our subcontractors and colleagues deployed by other countries. You guard our high quality standards in line with the relevant procedures.
- Completion of commissioning process according to agreed performance indicators (safe, according to time schedule, at requisite quality level, within budget);
- Monitors commissioning results against technical requirements;
- Ensures commissioning team works according to defined guidelines, processes, and procedures;
- Act’s as Siemens’ on-site technical representative and attends the various commissioning meetings and other commissioning related decision-making milestones;
- Takes care of commissioning related site administrative tasks (e.g. scheduling works, update drawings in line with on-site modifications, closure of open items in commissioning systems);
- Monitors compliance to standards, regulations, laws, quality and EHS guidelines.
Important: you’ll be working abroad for longer periods of time!
What do you bring to the table?
- Qualification in electrical engineering (MBO or HBO level);
- At least 4-8years’ experience in the commissioning field;
- Expertise in energy or utility industry;
- Knowledge in testing and commissioning of power distribution systems (switchgear and transformers);
- Hand on experience with relevant testing and commissioning methods, equipment and reporting (e.g. primary- and secondary current injection, insulation resistance, fault-finding and functional testing);
- Willing to work on projects abroad for a longer period in a dynamic environment;
- Fluent in English (Dutch language would be great);
- Driving licence.
- EU Passport